Apple, Cinnamon & Fudge Muffins
These apple muffins have quickly become a firm favourite in our family. I made them for Bella’s second birthday a couple of weeks back and they were such a huge hit I have already made another batch and I’m pretty sure I’ll be making them on a regular basis from now on! I have tweaked the original apple muffins recipe slightly by adding in cinnamon and fudge pieces to jazz them up a bit. They are the perfect muffins for the cooler Autumn & Winter months, especially warm from the oven! Apple & Fudge is a match made in heaven and of course, who doesn’t love the smell of cinnamon coming from the kitchen at this time of year!?
What I love most about this recipe is just how simple it is. To me it’s an ‘old fashioned’ recipe as all you need is a mixing bowl & a spoon! No messing around with fancy mixers or food processors. Which means they are super quick to make and the mess is minimal. A perfect recipe to make with little ones!
- 200g Plain Flour
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 50g Soft Brown Sugar
- 2 1/2 tsps. of Baking Powder
- Pinch Of Salt
- 1 generous tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 90ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- 80ml Vegetable Oil
- 1 Large Egg, beaten
- 5 drops of vanilla essence of 1 tsp or vanilla paste
- 2 large eating apples, peeled, cored and chopped into cubes
- Mini fudge pieces
- Icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6 and add paper cases to a muffin tray
- Measure out all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl; flour, both sugars, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the milk, oil, egg and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined (mixture will be lumpy).
- Fold the chopped apple into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. I personally use an ice cream scoop for this as I find it easier to make sure the mixture is split evenly and its much less messy
- Sprinkle a few mini fudge pieces over the top of each muffin. Using a sieve dust each muffin with some icing sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer onto a wire cooling rack to cool or of course you can serve them warm straight from the oven 😉