I love a list. Especially a bucket list. My husband and I write one together at the beginning of every year and have done since we first got together when we were 14! I get serious satisfaction about crossing something off my list. As it’s officially December now I thought I would share a few festive things we are hoping to do over the upcoming festive period!
- Kick off December by choosing our Christmas tree & spend the afternoon decorating it while listening to cheesy Christmas music
- Go to a couple of local Christmas markets
- Bake & decorate gingerbread biscuits with Bella
- Have a festive hot chocolate from Starbucks or Costa…or both 😉
- Take Bella to visit Santa. This will actually be her first time as we felt she was too young the last two years
- Go for an evening trip to see the Christmas lights. The houses in the village my husband grew up in go all out at Christmas on the lights front and it’s definitely worth a visit
- Have our friends over for a cheese board evening and to play board games. We have a Christmas meal at ours together every year and it’s the perfect chance to catch up & exchange gifts!
- Lots of walks in the crisp December fresh air & possibly a family trip to the farm
- Make salt dough ornaments with Bella
- Take lots of festive photos on my new camera
- Spend a whole day in our Pyjamas watching Christmas films (and pigging out on Christmas treats no doubt!)
- Have a candle lit picnic by the Christmas tree
- Make home baked Christmas gifts for friends & family. I make the most incredible chocolate orange brownies every year and last year Josh made some tomato chutney. This year I’m going to try some new recipes too including some rather tasty looking Oreo truffles I found on Pinterest!
- Spend Christmas Day at the in laws with Josh’s family. I’m so excited for this! Especially as it means Bella gets to spend the day with her cousins which she will absolutely love!
- Host Boxing Day Lunch for my family. Josh is already talking about doing three different meats with ALLLL the trimmings. Lord help my waistline.
- Make Turkey flan with leftovers. It’s honestly amaaaazing. But then again anything with cheese pastry gets a thumbs up from me 😉
What’s on your festive bucket list this year?
Thanks for reading,