Pea & Pancetta Penne Pasta
It has been way too long since I last posted a savoury recipe post! So today I am sharing a super quick and easy family friendly pasta dish. It’s one of our all time favourites and it is always my go to if I am lacking either inspiration or time (or in most cases both!).
One of the best bits about this dish is that by using creme fraiche instead of a regular white sauce, it not only saves you loads of time but it’s also much better for you too. It’s the perfect healthier alternative but with absolutely no compromise on flavour.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
400g of penne pasta
A chicken or vegetable stock pot/cube
2 crushed garlic cloves
2 x packets of diced pancetta
A handful of chopped mushrooms (optional)
A generous handful of frozen peas
6tbsps of half fat Creme fraiche
4tbsps of grated Parmesan cheese
- Put your pasta on to boil for 10-14 minutes depending how al dente you like it! Crumble your stock cube into the pasta water.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking fry off your pancetta andvmushrooms in a little olive oil and cook until the pancetta is slightly crispy.
- Chuck in the frozen peas and garlic then continue to cook for another minute or so.
- Add your Creme fraiche to the pan along with about 4 tbsps of the pasta water.
- Continue stirring until the Creme fraiche has combined with the water and you should be left with a nice creamy sauce. Season with salt and pepper then take off the heat.
- Drain your pasta once it’s cooked then return it to the pan and pour over your sauce. Mix thoroughly then serve immediately in pasta bowls. Sprinkle 1tbsp of grated Parmesan and a little extra cracked black pepper over each portion before serving! Enjoy!