Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies
My obsession with all things chocolate and peanut butter continues with this amazing brownie recipe. Like peanut butter on brownies is a total game changer. They taste SO GOOD. The recipe is based on my usual brownie recipe but with a few tweaks. And of course the addition of salty peanut butter which balances out the sweet chocolate brownie perfectly!
Josh first made these a few weeks ago and I have already made them twice since! They are just THAT good. My colleagues all absolutely loved them and I have a feeling they may be badgering me to make them again very soon! This recipe makes 12 good sized slices or you could always cut it up into bite size pieces to serve at a party like I’m planning to!
- 200g dark chocolate, I normally use the supermarkets own brand
- 150g unsalted butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g light brown sugar
- 130g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 6 tbsps of crunchy peanut butter (approx half a jar)
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees / gas mark 3 and line a 33cm x 23cm baking tray with parchment paper.
- Put the chocolate and butter into a heatproof glass bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir until melted and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and add in the sugar and stir until well combined.
- Stir in the flour and mix well.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and stir until thick and smooth.
- Pour your brownie batter into your prepared tin. Using a teaspoon evenly distribute little blobs off peanut butter on top then try to swirl it into the batter.
- Bake in your preheated oven for around 35 minutes. Your brownie should be flaky on the top but still soft and deliciously gooey in the centre.
- Leave the brownie to cool completely in the tin before removing and cutting into chunks. Enjoy!