This is the second time I have made this recipe and it is honestly SO BLOODY GOOD. Not only do these burgers taste amazing they are also really simple and quick to make as they only contain 3 ingredients and they are Slimming World friendly! Definitely one of our new favourites.
Ingredients for 2 burgers (1 Syn per burger for the cooked apple on SW)
- 250g of 5% fat pork mince
- 1 medium apple
- 1/4 tsp of dried rosemary or a couple of fresh sprigs
- Peel your apple and coarsely grate using a cheese grater
- Using your hands squeeze the grated apple together to remove the juice as otherwise it will make the mixture to wet
- Combine the pork mince, grated apple and rosemary together in a bowl and season with salt & pepper
- Split the mix in half using your hands and make two equal patties
- Spritz a good non stick frying pan with some frylight (or use a few drops of olive oil) and fry your burgers on a medium to high heat for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Serve!
I served mine topped with 1 tbsp of tomato chutney, home made Slimming World chips which are simply skin on potatoes cut into wedges, spritzed with fry light and cooked in the Actifry for about 3o minutes and lots of salad! These burgers would also be amazing topped with cheese in a nice soft brioche bun 😉