I shared a photo of these Chicken Wraps on my Instagram stories last night and had SO many people message to ask for the recipe so I thought I’d share it here for you to enjoy too! Apologies for the lack of photos but I wasn’t expecting to share it as a post. I will definitely be making it again though so will add some more photos then!
The recipe came from our Gousto box this week. We used to do these a while back but then stopped after Hugo was born but have started again as we’d got stuck in a bit of a rut with meals.
This is our third meal from this box and we have loved every single one so far! The kids have been really enjoying them too. These Shredded Hoisin Chicken Wraps were so quick and easy to whip up. The perfect Saturday night dinner and much cheaper than a takeaway!
Ingredients (Serves 2, double all ingredients for 4)
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 2 spring onions
- 6 small tortilla wraps
- 1 red gem lettuce
- 320g skinless and boneless chicken thighs (you could use breast if you prefer)
- 40g hoisin sauce
- 15ml soy sauce
- 5g sesame seeds
- Heat a large wide based pan (preferably a non stick one with a lid) over a high heat. Once hot add the chicken thighs to the pan with a pinch of salt and cook for 2 minutes on each side until golden. Once golden, reduce the heat to low, add a couple of splashes of water to the pan and cook, covered with the lid, for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile shred the lettuce. Cut the cucumber into discs and then slice each disc into matchsticks. Trim the spring onions and slice them lengthways until you have thin strips.
- Once the chicken is cooked, transfer it to a clean chopping board and shred it apart using two forks.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the hoisin sauce and soy sauce. Cook for 2 minutes until warmed through.
- Place your wraps on a plate and heat in the microwave for around 30 seconds.
- Enjoy your wraps filled with the shredded lettuce, spring onion, cucumber and hoisin chicken. Finish off by sprinkling the sesame seeds into your filled wraps! Now, tuck in!