When Wren Kitchens got in contact and asked if I’d like to share one of my favourite recipes as part of their ‘Little Kitchen’ campaign I immediately thought of my triple chocolate brownies which are dangerously tasty and perfect for making with your little ones.
For Wren, the kitchen is the heart of the home. This is where families like my own experience some of their most memorable moments. Wren Kitchens’ new ‘Little Kitchen’ campaign aims to explore a number of different theories around ensuring the little ones are getting all the goodness they need. As part of this, I have been involved in the Little Kitchen e-book (going live in April) which contains a series of recipes, fun activities and presentation ideas for involving kids in the kitchen.
Bella really enjoys helping me in the kitchen and I try to encourage her to get involved as much as possible. She insists on doing little things like buttering her own bread or pouring her own cereal daily and I think that its so important to teach children about how food is prepared from a young age.
I love to bake with Bella at the weekends when we have a bit more time on our hands. She likes measuring out all the ingredients by herself and then helping me to stir the mixture. Her favourite part is definitely eating the ingredients as we go though I’m sure 😉
This brownie recipe is my all time favourite and I have made this countless times over the years and trialled various different versions. Today I’m sharing my classic triple chocolate recipe which always goes down a treat but if you are feeling a bit more adventurous you can easily switch it up by a bit by adding in some of your favourite chocolate. Terry’s chocolate orange chunks or rolos are both super tasty 😉
- 200g dark chocolate, I normally use the supermarkets own brand
- 175g unsalted butter
- 325g caster sugar
- 130g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 100g milk chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 100g white chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees / gas mark 3 and line a 33cm x 23cm baking tray with parchment paper.
- Put the chocolate and butter into a heatproof glass bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir until melted and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and add in the sugar and stir until well combined.
- Stir in the flour and mix well.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and stir until thick and smooth.
- Finally add in your chocolate chunks and stir until they are evenly distributed through the brownie mixture.
- Pour your brownie batter into your prepared tin and bake in your preheated oven for around 40-45 minutes. Your brownie should be flaky on the top but still soft in the centre.
- Leave the brownie to cool completely in the tin before removing and cutting into chunks. Dust with icing sugar to finish!
Please make sure to send me a photo if you make them, I’d love to see!
Thanks for reading
This post is part of Wren Kitchens #LittleKitchen campaign. Please note that I was not paid for this post. You can view the Little Kitchen ebook here.