The great British summer is fast approaching and like every year, I can’t seem to stop myself from spending hours trawling the internet looking at beautiful sunny holiday destinations. We have actually decided not to go abroad this year for our family holiday. Mainly because of the fact we’re having a baby in June and I don’t particularly fancy travelling with a newborn. This doesn’t mean that I haven’t still been swooning over all the amazing last minute deals though.
So as we’re not going away this year, we have been thinking a lot more about what sort of holiday we’d like to do next year. We tend to stick to all inclusive package holidays but I’m itching to try something new so we are considering a cruise for a change. I absolutely love the idea of being able to explore multiple destinations without the hassle of changing your accommodation and wasting your precious holiday time travelling between different places.
Whilst doing some research for next years getaway I stumbled across Iglu Cruise who specialise in luxury cruises as well as family friendly ones too. Their website was really easy to navigate, especially for someone like me who has never been on a cruise before. I noticed they also do Disney cruises which I know would totally blow Bella’s little mind! They look like SO MUCH FUN. Definitely adding one of those to our travel bucket list for when both of the children are a little bit older!
I’m not really sure why we have never considered a cruise for our family holiday before. They seem to me like the perfect alternative to an all inclusive. I’ve actually rounded up 5 reasons why you too should consider one for your next family getaway!
- Wake up every morning in a different port. You get to see multiple destinations, but only unpack once! This is definitely the thing that appeals to me most about a cruise, especially when travelling with little ones.
- There’s something for everyone. Even if you have children of different ages, most cruise ships will have an extensive range of kids clubs and activities suitable for all ages. Kids aside, there is also a huge array of different on board activities for adults to indulge in too. Hellllooo SPA! Cruise ships are definitely designed to keep everyone happy!
- Cruise holidays are super easy to plan! Most cruise agents package together all of the transportation and accommodation. You pretty much just pick your ship, itinerary and cabin, and job done! It cuts out all of the searching for various hotels in each destination and then coordinating your travel between each city.
- The perfect way to meet new people. Apparently cruises are a very social affair and a wonderful opportunity to form new friendships with people from all over the world. Meaning that your children can also find playmates their own age during the various on board activities.
- A cruise is an amazing way to see some of the most exotic destinations in this world but in a much easier way. If you aren’t feeling brave enough for independent sightseeing in a new locale, you can just opt to take a tour with an English-speaking guide instead! Meaning you can see all of the regional highlights without even having to do your own research. We did something similar when we were in New York and it meant we got to visit so many hidden gems that we would never have known about if we were exploring by ourselves.
*This is a collaborative post. Although, all thoughts & opinions are of course my own*