‘Live Your Life & Forget Your Age’
It was my birthday yesterday and I’d been thinking of blog post ideas over the past few days and I straight away came to the decision that I wouldn’t share my actual age. Why? Well, I’m not sure exactly, I think it’s because I sometimes feel I won’t be taken seriously and maybe I’d be labelled a ‘young mum’ and although it doesn’t bother me personally as I suppose technically that’s what I am and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that but I just can’t be bothered to explain myself again. I know I shouldn’t have to justify myself to anyone but whenever the topic of my age comes up I just can’t help myself.
But I decided that it was stupid to hide my age when actually it’s nothing to be ashamed of, If anything I’m actually very proud. So yes, I’m only 22, I’m happily married to my childhood sweetheart and have been for 2.5 years and together we have a two year old daughter. We both work hard and we lead a lovely lifestyle. It’s not always plain sailing but who’s life is?! I definitely don’t think my age has anything to do with that though.
One of my favourite quotes is ‘Life your life and forget your age’ because after all it really is just a number.
Here is Twenty Two things I love in celebration of my 22nd birthday!
- Being a Mama & a Wife. Best.Jobs.Ever.
- Black skinny jeans & ankle boots
- Fresh flowers
- Scented Candles
- Twinkly white fairy lights
- Bouncy blow dries! They instantly make me feel glam
- Open fires
- Hot chocolates – especially the festive ones with all the extra calories 😉
- Freshly painted nails
- Clean bedding
- Long hot showers
- Country walks with my favourites
- Pub lunches
- Girls nights
- New York City – I’m so desperate to go back
- Mustard, as in the colour not the food (yukkk)
- Reading – I’d choose a good book over TV any day
- Cake.. Black Forest cake in particular – chocolate, cherry & cream is just the perfect combination
- Make up – I don’t leave the house without it & I love trying new products/looks out
- Entertaining & hosting parties – it’s always stressful but I really do love it 😉
- The Autumn & Winter months – mostly because I just love bonfire nights & Christmas time
Thanks for reading,