I have been thinking a lot recently about things I’d like to achieve next year so even though it’s a bit early I thought I would get them written down and share them with you.
I love January purely for the fact it feels like a fresh start, a completely clean slate and a chance to start over. For the past few years I have set myself that same cliché New Year’s resolution; lose weight. I can happily say that over the past two years, I have actually done so.
That one will still continue on into 2016 but this year I wanted to set myself more goals for the year ahead. I think it’s so important to have goals and to challenge yourself. I’ve decided to try and be realistic and only share 5 things I’d like to do in 2016, I do also have a few other goals for the coming year but they are more personal.
I’m writing these goals down here because apparently (Thanks Charlie for this one!) if you write them down you are 50% more likely to actually stick to them! So here goes…
- As I mentioned above; lose weight. I’m starting this year over a stone lighter than last and I’m so much closer to my goal weight which has made me feel more determined now than ever before. I will get there this year, sooner rather than later hopefully!
- Read a book a month. Pre Bella I absolutely loved reading and it’s something I really miss. Since becoming a Mama I’ve probably read one book, possibly two max?! This year I’m going to try really hard to set aside more ‘me’ time of an evening and read more.
- Try a new recipe a week. Josh and I both love cooking but I tend to do most of the cooking in our house as he works long hours and if it was up to him we’d eat super naughty calorific food every single day and I’d be the size of a house 😉 I follow Slimming World and there is some really tasty looking recipes on their website that I’m very excited to try out.
- Move more! Earlier this year I got really into exercising and I stupidly let this slip as the weather got colder and the nights got darker. I’m planning to start off with a couple of exercise classes a week and try and squeeze in some kettle bells workouts at home too. I’d love to also run a 5k or maybe even a 10k before 2016 is out.
- Take more photos and document more for my family. I’m no photographer but I have always taken loads of photos on my iPhone and I have to regularly off load onto my mac as I take so many. Although since I got my DSLR I have been really enjoying taking ‘proper’ photos on it and I really wish I’d got one sooner so I could have taken better photos of Bella’s first two years. I know I’m going to get so much use out of it over the years to come. I plan to try and print more photos off and document more of the things that I really don’t want to forget, either here on my blog or on paper. I feel like Bella is changing every single day and I’m worried that I might just blink and miss it all!
What are your New Year’s Resolutions and Goals for 2016?
Thanks for reading