Firstly I’d like to apologise for anyone that has been waiting on this recipe, I had a few people ask me to share it and I had originally planned for this post to be published a good ten days ago but I have been so crazy busy that blogging has definitely taken a back seat over December! But better late than never; here is my favourite cookie recipe!
I have hunted high and low for the perfect cookie recipe; Crisp enough on the outside but still soft and gooey on the inside. After lots of trial and error and many failed attempts I stumbled across this one in a tiny recipe book I received for Christmas a few years back. They are so good I haven’t used a different cookie recipe since 😉
It’s such a brilliant basic cookie dough recipe and you can adjust it to your personal taste. This time I added Peanut M&M’s because my Mother in Law was coming over and I know she’s a big fan. Previously I have used Terry’s chocolate orange around the festive period and I also recently added chopped up Cadburys fruit and nut which was amazing! You could also just use normal chocolate chunks, your favourite chocolate bar cut into chunks, smarties, galaxy minstrels, rolos, raisins, nuts… the possibilities are endless!
These make a perfect gift for this time of year. I handed out half a dozen boxes of these beauties to relatives last week. I bet they would look particularly cute stacked in a glass jar and then tied with a festive ribbon!
Ingredients (makes 15-20 but can be doubled)
- 250g Butter (softened)
- Half a tin of sweetened condensed milk
- 140g soft light brown sugar
- 310g of Plain Flour
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 250g of Peanut M&Ms (or chocolate of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees then grease and line three baking sheets with baking parchment
- In a free standing mixer (I use my Kenwood K Mix) or using a hand mixer beat together the sugar, butter and condensed milk until light and fluffy
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl then stir until well combined
- Add your M&M’s and stir together until evenly distributed through the cookie dough
- Using an ice cream scoop (if you have one, if not a normal spoon will do), spoon out one scoop of cookie dough and using your hands roll into a ball before placing onto your baking sheet and pushing down gently to make a 2.5inch round, make sure you leave plenty of space around each cookie as they do spread
- Bake for around 15 minutes. When you remove them from the oven don’t be alarmed if they don’t look very crisp as when they cool the outside will crisp up perfectly
- Leave to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely or of course you can enjoy them while they are still warm 😉
Enjoy! Please let me know if you make them and as always I’d love to see a photo!