It’s OFFICIALLY Autumn. Which I am so very pleased about. Summer is lovely, yes, but it’s really not my jam. So to celebrate the start of my favourite season, I thought I would share one of my go-to Autumnal dinner recipes. It’s one of those one dish wonders that fills your kitchen with the most delicious aromas of rosemary and garlic. I love a tray bake dinner and this one is super easy to throw together and only uses a handful of ingredients.
The best thing about this kind of recipe is that once you’ve popped it in the oven, you can forget about it for the next 30-40 minutes and get on with something else. I was able to clear up the kitchen, load the dishwasher and play 14 rounds of noughts and crosses with Bella while this beauty did it’s thing in the oven. Although, if it had been the weekend, I probably would have used that time to whip up a cheeky crumble or something for pudding!
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- 12 Good quality pork sausages – veggie ones would also work well if you don’t eat meat!
- 500g of new potatoes – halved
- 4 Apples (pink ladies or similar work best) – Cored and cut into thick wedges
- 3 Red onions – cut into wedges
- 3 Sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 4 Garlic Cloves – skin on
- 3tbsp of olive oil
- 3tsps of fennel seeds
- Preheat your oven to 190degrees / gas mark 3
- Put the potatoes and sausages into a large roasting dish with 2tbsps of olive oil. Place into the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the roasting dish from the oven and add in the apples, red onion, garlic cloves, rosemary, fennel seeds and drizzle over the remaining oil. Season well with S+P!
- Return the dish to the oven for another 30 minutes, shaking occasionally.
- Serve with your favourite green veg! Enjoy!