This Spanish Chicken and Chorizo tray bake is one of Josh and I’s absolute favourite dinners. Its so quick to prepare and you then just bung it in the oven. And also only the one tray to wash up! It couldn’t be easier. The secret ingredient in this dish is definitely the chorizo. As it cooks it releases lots of gorgeous oils which then coat the veggies and it’s absolutely bloody delicious. The beauty of this dish is that you can literally chuck whatever you have that needs using up in the fridge in it. I often will add mushrooms, beetroot and aubergine too! Pretty much anything goes with this dish. You can also use white, sweet or even new potatoes if you like. Or leave out the potatoes all together and serve with rice instead! I have used chicken breasts in this recipe but its also lovely with thighs too. We always have enough for leftovers too and I can confirm that it is just as tasty reheated for lunch!!
Whenever I share a photo of this meal on social media, I always get so many messages asking how to make it! So I thought I would finally write down how I do it so that you can recreate it too! Like all of my dinner recipes, it’s healthy, quick and super easy. I hope you enjoy it just as much as we do.
Ingredients (serves 3-4 or 2 plus leftovers)
- 1 300g pack of pre prepared butternut squash and sweet potato chunks (of course you can prepare your own, I just usually use this to save time!)
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 2 peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into chunks
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- Half a 225g chorizo ring, cut into rounds
- 4 chicken breasts
- Spanish seasoning (I use a schwartz one)
- Feta cheese to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees and prepare all of your vegetables and then chuck them into a large baking tray along with the chorizo. Toss it all around and season with a few grinds of salt and pepper. Put into the oven for around 10 minutes while you prepare your chicken.
- Remove any unwanted bits from your chicken breasts. When the vegetables are ready to come out of the oven, place the chicken directly on top of the veg and chorizo. Sprinkle the whole dish with the spanish seasoning and then return to the oven for a further 25 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the roasted vegetables and then top with a good lot of crumbled feta! Enjoy!