As it’s Easter weekend I thought I would share a couple of new recipes with you that I have whipped up recently. The first is these amazing grilled banana boats with pecans, marshmallow and a gooey Cadbury Creme Egg ganache. I personally am always on the hunt for quick and easy desserts to serve when entertaining and these fit the bill perfectly!
What I love most about these banana boats is that they are a little bit different to your standard pudding but yet still super tasty. I would have never considered melting creme eggs into a ganache before but it works really well and tastes amazing. Although this dessert is definitely not one for the faint hearted as when paired with the gooey melted marshmallows inside the banana, it’s pretty sweet!
- 6 large ripe bananas, unpeeled
- 2 tbsps of chopped pecans
- 6 tbsps of mini marshmallow
Cadbury Creme Egg Ganache
- 4 Cadbury Creme Eggs
- 100g butter
Method For The Banana Boats
- Cut 6 x 12 inch sheets of foil. Heat your oven to 180 degrees
- With a sharp knife, make a deep cut lengthwise in the inside curve of each banana, being careful not to cut all the way through. Open the slit to form a pocket. Place each banana onto a sheet of your pre cut foil with the slit facing upwards so you can easily fill.
- Holding each banana in hand, fill the pocket with 1 tbsp of marshmallows and a few of the chopped pecans.
- Seal the top of the foil leaving 3 inches of headspace. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the marshmallows go all gooey!
Method For The Cadbury Creme Egg Ganache
- While your banana boats are in the oven heat up a small amount of water in a saucepan and place a glass bowl over the top (like a Bain Marie).
- Place the 4 Cadbury Creme Eggs and butter into the glass bowl and stir gently until all the ingredients have melted together (this should take about 4-5 minutes). The mixture should be slightly gloss and quite runny.
- Set aside to cool for a minute of two. Once your bananas are cooked gently peel away half of the skin and drizzle the Ganache over the top along with some broken pieces of Cadbury Creme Eggs and extra marshmallows and nuts!
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
This recipe has been created by the bakers at Rinkoffs who have joined forces with Cadbury Creme Egg this Easter. If you’d like to try it for yourself before baking it, then Rinkoffs will also be selling a selection of gooey treats in the their bakeries alongside the sell-out Cadbury Creme Egg Crodough from 2016!
*** This is a collaborative post with Cadbury Creme Egg***